Creamy banana porridge with mish-mash raspberries
- Serves: 6
- Preparation time: 10 mins
- Cooking time: 10 mins
Dairy Free Gluten Free Vegan Vegetarian
Better Health – Recipes – Healthier Families – NHS (www.nhs.uk)
- 200g porridge oats
- 300ml skimmed milk
- 750ml water
- 2 large ripe bananas
- 200g raspberries (thawed if frozen)
- 4 tablespoons 0%-fat Greek yoghurt
- 904kJ / 214kcal
- 8.8g protein
- 3.1g fat, of which 0.6g saturates
- 35.6g carbohydrate, of which 12.4g sugars
- 4.3g dietary fibre
- 57mg sodium, equivalent to 0.1g salt
Put the porridge oats into a saucepan with the milk and water. Heat, stirring constantly, until the porridge thickens. Reduce the heat and simmer for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring often.
Meanwhile, mash the bananas in a bowl using a fork. Stir half into the porridge. Add the raspberries (or thawed frozen summer berries) to the rest of the banana and squash them a little with the fork.
Share the porridge between 6 warm bowls and top each portion with the yoghurt and the raspberry mixture.